Organic coconut oil is considered one of the best oils for the overall wellness of the body. Produced naturally and without any preservatives, organic coconut oil is also one of the healthiest oil that can be used and consumed without the risk of any adverse health effects. Organic coconut oil is even known to have several medicinal benefits as well. The various constituents of organic coconut oil give it the various health benefiting properties.
What are the constituents of Organic Coconut Oil?
Organic coconut oil contains saturated fats, poly-unsaturated fats and mono-unsaturated fats that offer several benefits for the body. The presence of Lauric acid, capric acid and caprylic acid give this oil the various anti-microbial, anti-oxidant, ant-bacterial, anti-fungal as well as soothing properties. Organic coconut oil also contains poly-phenols, Vitamin E, Vitamin K and iron which make it good for the overall health. With its several health benefits, coconut oil is considered to be a super-food.
Benefits of Organic Coconut Oil
- Helps in skin care: Organic coconut oil is excellent massage oil for the skin and acts as an effective skin moisturizer. It helps to keep the skin healthy and glowing. The best thing about using organic coconut oil for the skin is that it does not have any adverse effects on the skin unlike other oils. It can be effectively used on dry skin to prevent skin flaking. It can also be used to prevent wrinkles and aging of the skin. Organic coconut oil can also be effectively used to treat various skin problems like eczema, psoriasis and several other skin infections. The anti-oxidant properties of organic coconut oil also help in preventing premature aging and degeneration of the skin as the anti-oxidants fight the free radicals that can lead to skin degeneration.
- Helps in hair care: Organic coconut oil is considered the best nutrient for the hair. It not only helps in growth of hair but also keeps the hair healthy and shiny. Organic coconut oil basically prevents protein loss from the hair that makes the hair look unhealthy. Organic coconut oil is a great hair conditioner. It also prevents the hair from damage caused by hygral fatigue. Organic coconut oil is also an effective remedy for dandruff and other scalp infections.
- Helps to promote heart health: Organic coconut oil is considered to be very good for the heart and keeps the heart healthy. Organic coconut oil contains about 50% Lauric acid which helps to keep cholesterol levels and blood pressure levels in check. In fact, organic coconut oil reduces LDL cholesterol and prevents the clogging of arteries thus preventing atherosclerosis and also several other heart diseases.
- Helps in weight loss: Organic coconut oil is very helpful in weight loss. Organic coconut oil contains medium and short chain fatty acids that help in the removal of excess fats from the body and thus help in reducing weight. Organic coconut oil is also very easy to digest and it improves the functioning of thyroid as well as the endocrine glands. The consumption of this oil also improves the rate of metabolism of the body and thus helps to remove stress on the pancreas leading to using more energy for burning fats. Thus, it helps in weight loss in an effective manner.
- Improves immunity: Organic coconut oil is considered to be one of the best immunity boosters. Organic coconut oil contains Lauric acid, capric acid as well as caprylic acid that have anti-fungal, anti-bacterial and anti-viral properties that help the body to fight against infections of all types. Organic coconut oil can helps to fight against harmful bacteria that causes diseases like herpes, HIV, influenza etc.
- Improves digestion: Organic coconut oil is also good for the health of the intestinal tract. It helps to improve digestion and also prevents against several stomach and digestion related problems. It contains saturated fats that have anti-microbial properties and thus help to fight against bacteria, fungi and parasites that cause indigestion. It also helps in the absorption of nutrients like vitamins, minerals and amino acids from other foods and thus improves the overall gut health.
- Helps in improving kidney health: Organic coconut oil can be effectively used to prevent kidney and gall bladder diseases. It helps to dissolve kidney stones.
For more information on organic coconut oil, click here.