Image Source: Womenfitness
Feet are something we cannot do without. They are an extreme necessity and yet are the least cared for. Why is it that we ignore our own feet? How to keep them in good health? What happens when they aren’t kept healthy? All of these questions are going to be answered by this very article.
Imagine if you had a chance to get anything in the world that you love the most, but in return you would have to trade your feet for it, would you? A big no. That is how important our feet are to us, a life without feet is pitied and yet, we pay the least possible attention to them.
Studies have proved that every 3 out of 4 people have foot problems, this happens mainly because they are not kept in good hygiene. Keeping your feet in good health can make you active, it is helpful in keeping weight off, maintains muscle and bone strength and it also improves mental and emotional health.
Healthy feet help you with proper feet and body mechanics which prevents falls in old age. They also alert people to early signs of other serious health issues, say diabetes or poor circulation.
Some common foot problems that can be avoided through healthy feet are:
- Bunions are swollen and painful bumps around the main joint of the large toe. They are caused by ill-fitting shoes and very high heels.
- Corns and Calluses is the accumulation of dead skin that appears as hardened dead skin. It is very uncomfortable and irritating.
- Foot Odours are the problem of every second person. Smelly feet is basically becauseof poor foot hygiene.
- Athlete’s Feet is a contagious fungal infection. It can be avoided by not sharing towels, flannels, socks or shoes.
Tips To Keep Your Feet Happy
- Have a regular check on your feet. Make sure they’re in perfect shape and health.
- Wash your feet daily, if possible maybe twice a day. Talcum powder can be of great help after patting your feet with towel, especially if you have sweaty feet.
- Always wear the right sized shoes – nor too large neither too small.
- Use the right kind lotions to moisturize your feet. It will also keep your skin soft and healthy.
Remember to always take care of your feet in the best possible way. They are as important as any other part of your body. Check out Joy by Nature to find the amazing products that will help your feet look beautiful all the time.