Organic ghee is obtained from the milk of cows that are grass fed. This means that organic ghee has all natural ingredients which provide it the several health benefiting properties. The grass fed cows are not treated with any antibiotics and growth hormones which means that organic ghee does not contain any traces of these harmful substances. In addition, the grass used to feed the cows is not treated with pesticides or insecticides and thus organic ghee is free from any toxic materials. Organic ghee also contains a rich ratio of omega fatty acids which are essential for the body to maintain the overall health. Organic ghee contains omega-3 and omega-9 fatty acids and Vitamins A,C, D, E and K. Organic ghee also does not contain any trans- fats and hydrogenated oils and thus can be used without the risk of heart diseases. Organic ghee is one of the richest sources of conjugated linoleic acid, nine phenolic anti-oxidants and several other nutritional compounds.
Organic ghee has replaced cooking oils in most of the kitchens because of its several health benefits and the fact that it is natural and free from all types of additives and flavors. Organic ghee is also used for cooking purposes because it does not contain any solids and has a high smoking point and is very stable at high heat. This means that organic ghee does not burn the food and also does not change the flavor and appearance of the food in any manner. In fact, cooking in organic ghee adds a rich aroma and a sweet flavor to the food being cooked. The best thing about organic ghee is that it does not run toxic at any temperature and so can be used without any danger of adverse health effects on the body.
When food is cooked in organic ghee, several health benefits are also offered. These include:
- Cooking with organic ghee provides energy to the body. Organic ghee contains medium chain fatty acids that are consumed and burnt by the liver to provide energy to the body and these fatty acids in no way contribute to weight gain.
- Organic ghee promotes heart health. When food is cooked in organic ghee, the body gets the required dose of omega-3 fatty acids which are essential to decrease unhealthy cholesterol levels and also prevent formation of plaque in the arterial walls thus preventing the heart from strokes and heart attacks.
- Organic ghee also contains butyric acid which is one of the healthy fatty acids that the body needs. Butyric acid reduces the inflammation in several body parts especially the gastro-intestinal tract and thus helps to prevent infections and ulcers in the digestive tract.
- Organic ghee contains Vitamin A, butyric acid and also linoleic acid which together acts as anti-oxidants to fight against free radicals that cause damage and oxidation of the cells. This in turn helps to inhibit the growth of cancer cells in the body and thus organic ghee helps to protect the body against cancers of various types.
- Organic ghee with its content of Vitamin A and carotenoids also promotes the eye health. These anti-oxidants in the organic ghee fight against free radicals that attack the macular cells and thus prevent macular degeneration and prevent the eyes from developing cataracts. Organic ghee is specially recommended for growing children to maintain healthy eyesight.
- Organic ghee is a great immunity booster. The butyric acid in the organic ghee stimulates the production of T-cells which are the most powerful cells of the immune system. Thus organic ghee makes the immune system more powerful and gives it the strength to fight against infections and diseases of various types.
- Organic ghee helps in weight loss as opposed to what many people think. Organic ghee contains medium chain fatty acids that help the body to burn fats and calories more quickly and more effectively. Thus the consumption of food prepared using organic ghee helps to lose extra fats and manage weight.
- The use of organic ghee in cooking enables the absorption of fat soluble vitamins and minerals from other foods in a better manner. These vitamins and minerals in turn strengthen the immune system.
For more on organic ghee, click here.