Image source- duitpintar
When your heart beats, it pumps blood round your body to give it the energy and oxygen it needs. Blood pressure, often called a silent killer, is the pressure of the blood in the arteries. If you've been diagnosed with blood pressure, you might be worried about taking medication to bring your numbers down. Blood pressure is a measure of the force that your heart uses to pump blood around your body. Your blood pressure rises with each heartbeat and falls when your heart relaxes between beats. Here is the type, causes and home remedies to prevent blood pressure.
Types of blood pressure
There are two types of blood pressure-
- High blood pressure
- Low blood pressure
Blood pressure chart
- Normal: Less than 120 over 80 (120/80)
- Pre hypertension: 120-139 over 80-89
- Stage 1 high blood pressure: 140-159 over 90-99
- Stage 2 high blood pressure: 160 and above over 100 and above
- High blood pressure in people over age 60: 150 and above over 90 and above
Causes of High Blood pressure
- Older age
- Sleep apnea
Causes of Low Blood pressure
- Blood loss
- Heart problem
- Lack of nutrients
- Honey- Honey can reduce blood pressure from the heart and it also has a calming effect on blood vessels, hence it can be helpful in reducing high blood pressure. Drinking one glass lemon juice mixed with warm water every morning on empty stomach is good for health. Avoid adding salt or sugar for good results.
- Lemon- Lemons help keep blood vessels soft and pliable and by removing any rigidity, high blood pressure will be reduced. You can notice a good improvement in your B P levels by taking lemon juice twice a day for about 1 – 2 weeks. Just take one lemon and halve it to two parts and grind it to make juice. It helps to keep blood pressure away.
- Garlic- Both raw and cooked garlic help control high blood pressure and at the same time reduce cholesterol levels. Banana is the best natural remedy for blood pressure. Eat one or two bananas daily to keep your high blood pressure in control. You can eat raw garlic clove or you can purchase garlic contains capsules and tablets from any organic online shopping website which prevent blood pressure.
- Onion Juice- Onions is a great home remedy to prevent blood pressure due to the presence of antioxidant flavones called quercetin. Eat celery regularly to see improvement in your blood pressure level. You can eat raw onion or have a juice of onion.
- Exercise- If you have slightly blood pressure, exercise can help you avoid developing full-blown hypertension. Exercise help to blood circulate, so we should uses to do exercise to prevent blood pressure.