Nails are made of dead skin cells just like your hair. We spend hours on our hair each day, picking just the right haircut, combing it out, even checking for split ends or increased hair fall. Now, take a long, hard look at your nails. How many are chipped or damaged, are your cuticles dry? With a bit of time and effort and a little help from some of the best nail care products in the market you will be able to turn your whole look around.
They say you can judge a person by the state of their toenails, well don’t let them judge you, stay one step ahead with these tips to enhance the beauty of your nails.
Have the right nail care products
The first step to having beautiful nails is to have the right toolkit to conduct your daily nail care routine. Here are the nail care products that you must have in a home nail care toolkit:
- Nail Clipper
Investing in a good quality nail clipper is the first step towards building your do-it-yourself nail care toolkit. Ensure that the clipping edges are sharp and perfectly aligned. Remember to cut your nails in a gentle curve whenever they get too long to reduce the chances of damage caused due to broken nails.
- Nail File
Select a nail file with medium sharpness as you don’t want to be too harsh on your nails. A nail file with a 240 grid is generally recommended. Replace your nail file every once in a while because it can become a breeding ground for bacterial growth.
- Cuticle Cream
Caring for your cuticles should be an important part of your daily nail care routine. Choose a natural, organic cuticle cream that will provide the necessary care for your cuticles. Having healthy cuticles will ensure that your nails grow strong and evenly without cracking.
- Nail Cream
Pick a quality nail strengthening cream that will prevent your nails from breaking or chipping and help it retain form and shape. Use the nail cream or a combination nail and cuticle cream in your daily routine to ensure that your nails remain strong and healthy.
Develop a nail care routine
Now that you have your tools, it is time to tackle your nails with a routine of cleaning and nourishing which will help to give them a natural shine and strength. Here are a few natural tips that you can follow to ensure that your nails remain clean and healthy:
- Cleanliness: Ensure that your fingernails are clean and dry at all times as they provide the ideal conditions for bacterial growth when humid.
- Protection: Protect your hands when you work in the garden or other places where you can come into contact with harsh chemicals.
- Trimming: Trim your nails regularly to avoid damage by getting caught onto things, or even damage to yourself by scratching.
- Moisturize: Don’t overlook your nails during your moisturizing routine and make sure that they get as much attention as any other part of your body. Use organic nail creams as a supplement to grow strong and healthy nails.
- No Biting/Picking: Do not bite your fingernails or pick at your cuticles. Make sure that you always keep your nails cut short and neatly maintained if you know that you have a tendency to bite your nails when in stressful situations.
- Leave hangnails alone: If you have a hangnail it might be tempting to pull it off just a little but you will end up pulling live skin along with it. If you have a hangnail, trim it short instead of trying to pull it out.
- Avoid harsh products: Some nail polishes and removers will do lots of harm to your nail in the long term in comparison to the few hours that it makes your nails look pretty. If you have to use nail polish removers, choose those that are organic and acetone free.
The use of the right nail care products can enhance your nail beauty to a large extent, especially by the use of organic nail and cuticle creams. To promote the growth of beautiful, strong nails, you can begin by getting organic nail care products from right here.