Image Source: Sheknows
In our busy life, it has become impossible to devote a lot of time towards our skin. But just like your body needs food to sustain itself, your skin also needs its food. Your skin requires just the bare minimum from you to keep it healthy. And it is your duty to provide it. If you can devote just about an hour every day to taking care of your skin, it will not betray you. Skin starts to age when it doesn’t receive its food and by taking care of it and eating healthy, it is very easy to maintain a younger looking skin. The best way to get younger skin is to start early, i.e., in your mid-twenties.
If it hasn’t happened yet, know that it’s coming. There will come a moment when you’ll see all those signs of ageing when you look in the mirror which include wrinkles, blemishes, creasing, drooping, dryness etc. Along with your age, stress also plays a factor in speeding up the process of ageing. There are a lot of products relating to this in the market. But all these products can also lead to confusion. Fear not, here are some tips that will help you to get a younger looking skin.
- Hydrating yourself: Hydrating yourself is very important for to achieving a younger skin. It is a great way to have fabulous skin. Drink 3 to 4 liters of water every day. Take water wherever you go. Your skin should never be deprived of water. Only coconut water is a healthy option beside normal drinking water. Any other type of drink like aerated drinks should be avoided.
- Establish routine care: Make a routine of face care that you would follow regularly. It need not be complicated. Just stick to the basics by using a gentle cleanser, a separate moisturizer for day and night and a gentle scrubber. Also, try to receive at least 8 hours of sleep every day. Get a balanced diet.
- Quit smoking: Smoking leads to wrinkles, pigmentation and bad skin along with a bad health. So, make extreme efforts to stop it.
- Relax: Stress plays a big role in skin ageing as previously mentioned. So, make an active effort to reduce stress. Taking up activities like Yoga can help in de-stressing and also keeping your body healthy. Focus on daily breathing exercises. Take refreshing walks in the park. Learn to meditate. Include at least 30 minutes of exercise in your schedule.
- Home remedies: There are a lot of home remedies out there to use. Honey has anti-oxidant properties which can help in nourishing and nurturing skin. Turmeric clears blemishes and reduces fine lines and wrinkles. Oatmeal is a natural moisturizer and it protects your skin from the harmful effects of the sun. Yoghurt helps in lightening dark spots. Coconut oil slows the ageing process and keeps your skin soft, supple and radiant. Freshly squeezed lemon juice keeps skin free from dark spots and blemishes. Bell peppers are jam packed with Vitamin C which helps in retaining skin elasticity, thus preventing skin sagging. Dark chocolate, red wine and coffee are other things that can help you to get a younger looking skin.