Cacao nibs have ample polyphenols that improve brain and heart health. It lowers your bad cholesterol and raises your good cholesterol. The fibers and polyhenols in cacao control blood pressure and blood sugar levels. Polyphenol also slows down the starch digestive enzymes in the small intestine, thereby controlling blood sugar levels. It is always a must to ensure that your cacao nibs are organic to avoid chemicals that are used as a standard practice in cacao beans cultivation.
This yummy smoothie is a guilt-free sweet treat with a whole glass of goodness and yet without a hike in your blood sugar.
Serving size: 2 glasses
- 2 tablespoon organic Cacao nibs
- 50 gm dark chocolate chunks
- 2 frozen bananas
- 2 cups milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- A pinch of ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoon ground organic flax seeds
- Take a blender and add all the ingredients.
- Blend on low and work your way up to high.
- Blend well until the mixture is smooth.
Pour into tall glasses and top each glass with dark chocolate chunks and Cacao nibs.