Image source- drjockers
Nutritionist Joy Dubost Ph.D., R.D., sums up some great tips on how you can incorporate healthy eating to boost your immune system in her article “Dine your way to a healthy immune system.”
Further, she says- "Healthy eating will give your immune system the added strength to get you through the winter months. There’s no reason why you can’t enjoy eating out and keeping your immune system working at its best. Be sure to explore some of best restaurants that offer healthy eating choices that are sure to keep your immune system functioning through the winter season while still pleasing you palate".
If you feel infected like cold and cough, it is right time to pay attention to your immunity. A damaged immune system is what protects your from a infections like cold and cough, skin infections and respiratory ailments. Immunity is our body’s second shield of defense. The first line of defense combine barriers such as skin . Mucous membranes protect the internal walls of the digestive, reproductive and respiratory.
Causes Of Low Immunity
- Lack Of Sleep
- Excessive Workouts
- Lack of Micro nutrients in Diet
Home Remedies For Low Immunity
- Green Tea- Green Tea: Green tea is considered as another source of anti-carcinogenic, Polyphemus, anti-inflammatory properties. Studies conducted that green tea actually helps in boosting the immunity. The research had also found that green tea is capable to counteract the effects of UV light.
- Coconut Oil: Coconut oil also helps in boosting immunity. The oil contains capric acid, antimicrobial lipids, lauric acid, anti fungal, caprylic acid with antibacterial and antiviral properties. These properties are known to fight against a variety diseases such as cytomegalovirus, herpes, and influenza.
- Fruits: Fruits are great source of vitamins and nutrition. The daily consuming of fruits will increase the immunity against diseases in the long run. Citrus fruits such as lemon and oranges have vitamin C in very high amounts. Vitamin C helps in building up immunity system organically and acts as an antioxidant.
- Almonds- A lack of vitamin E can affect the immune system’s ability to fight viruses. Always consume a handful of almonds which are rich in vitamin E; this will keep your immune system running in smooth order.
- Turmeric- Turmeric has anti-fungal and anti bacterial compounds. Turmeric has antioxidants that are beneficial for your health as well as for your immunity. Antioxidants free radicals and help your immune system function properly.
A weekend immune system is what protects your from a whole host of infections like cold and cough, skin infections and respiratory ailments.