Image Source: Jamsonpestec
A baby at home means increased responsibilities. In such a scenario, it is important to keep your house spick and span so that the tiny toddler does not fall sick. Here’s how you can maintain a hygienic house!
Bacteria to stay away from:
- E-coli: E-coli are bacteria which are found commonly in the intestines. They cause infections that may later lead to intestinal hemorrhaging and even diarrhea.
- Staphylococus aureus: This bacterium is commonly found at homes and penetrates the skin. These infections when affect a baby is very difficult to treat.
- Pseudomonas aeruginosa: This bacterium thrives in moist places such as toilets and is extremely resistant to antiseptic products. These can cause gastroenteritis and lung infections in babies.
Babies and hygiene:
A baby’s immune system is extremely delicate and thus, the risk of the baby contracting any diseases is large. In such a scenario, it is necessary to ensure that there are no external agents such as bacteria and microbes in the house so that the baby does not fall sick. Here are some ways through which you can maintain the hygiene of the house and baby proof it!
- Target the bathroom: The bathroom is undoubtedly the breeding place of bacteria and microbes because of its warm and moisture laden atmosphere. The towels and loofas used harbor bacteria which can affect the health of the baby. Hence, it is necessary to regularly wash the towels thoroughly. Taps and handles in the bathroom also have to be cleaned with a strong disinfectant as they collect germs through contact. Using vinegar on the surfaces in the bathroom is a natural way to fight bacteria. Also, using strong bleach for the toilets is highly recommended.
- Watch the hands: Hands are the carriers of harmful bacteria and microbial organisms which can alter the body’s health. The surfaces that the baby touches have to be clean. Invest in a good anti bacterial wipe which should be used to clean any light switches, remote controls and other such items lying around in the house. The baby should also be taught the importance of washing hands before meals with the help of soap or a hydro-alcoholic gel.
- Floor it: A baby spends majority of its time on the floor, trying to walk around. Thus, it is necessary to ensure that the floor is free of any organisms. A floor sanitizer should be used to mop the floors on a regular basis. Dust allergies are also common in babies and hence, sweeping the floor is also important.
Therefore, maintaining simple hygiene in the house goes a long way in keeping your baby healthy. Use natural organic products for the same to obtain maximum cleanliness.