Image Source: Maximhy
Green tea is a powerhouse of natural antioxidants, vitamins and minerals. It contains polyphenols which lowers cholesterol, prevents heart disease and fights bacteria, catechins, which reduces cholesterol and LDL, flavonoids, which is essential for synthesis of vitamin C which protects us against infections and caffeine, which we all know is a stimulant and a diuretic.
Green tea contains vitamin C which prevents flu and helps to reduce stress, vitamin B complex, which aids in carbohydrate metabolism, vitamin E, which regulates ageing, fluoride, which is essential for prevention of cavities and theanine, which contributes to the unique taste of green tea.
- Anti-allergenic: The polyphenol compound in green tea can help to reduce pollen allergies. Its anti-allergenic properties help to provide relief from allergies during the allergy season arsenal.
- Weight Management: The polyphenol compound in green tea also plays a crucial role in weight management. It is very effective in shedding body fat, especially fat in the abdominal area.
- Heart Disease: Green tea prevents the formation of clots, which are the main cause of heart attacks. It works on the blood vessel linings and helps them to withstand the changes in blood pressure.
- Anti-viral and Anti-bacterial: The catechins present in tea have anti-viral and anti-bacterial properties and hence, green tea can fight everything from influenza to cancer.
- Cholesterol Control: Drinking green tea ensures that the bad cholesterol in our body is reduced thereby increasing the ratio of good to bad cholesterol.
- Reduces Blood Pressure: Drinking green tea regularly reduces the chances of high blood pressure.
- Prevents Diabetes: Drink green tea after meals, which helps to regulate the glucose levels and slows down the rising of blood sugar after eating. This helps to prevent high insulin spikes.
- Fights Depression: The amino acid, theanine, produces a tranquilizing and relaxing effect. Hence, drinking green tea helps to fight depression and soothes the body and mind.
- Protects the Teeth: The antioxidant, catechins, which is present in green tea destroys bacteria and virus and is very effecting in preventing dental caries and other dental-related conditions.
- Skincare: The antioxidant agents in green tea help in keeping the skin young and healthy and prevents wrinkles and signs of ageing.
- Boosts Eyesight: The antioxidants in green tea are capable of piercing the tissues of the eye and producing antioxidant effects. Catechins, which is an antioxidant found in green tea can be absorbed by the tissues of the eye. Green tea has been found to be effective in preventing cataract-induced blindness.