If you cook your food in Coconut Oil, it would taste so good that you won't need any other reason to adopt the regular usage of coconut oil. However, apart from the taste factor, coconut oil does have a number of unique benefits that will motivate you to adopt more and more usage applications of coconut oil in your daily lives. Here are some of the benefits of using coconut oil.
- Best oil for hair: Coconut oil is a very unique hair oil. This versatile, low molecular weight oil is able to leverage its traditional oil status to seal the hair, but complements this sealing capacity with a strong affinity for hair proteins not found in other hair oils. Because moisturisation and hydration are characteristics of water, coconut oil cannot rightfully be called a moisturizer in and of itself. It does, however greatly support the moisturisation of the hair fiber in ways that other oils cannot and have fallen short. Coconut oil benefits black hair in two important ways. First, coconut oil‘s hydrophobic oil characteristics allow it to inhibit the penetration of water from the surrounding air and the environment. Second, coconut oil is able to bind to the natural protein structure of the hair. This helps the hair retain its natural moisture content and reinforces the hair fiber, making it stronger.
- Boosts immunity: Studies have shown that intake of coconut oil can help our bodies mount resistance to both viruses and bacteria that can cause illness. Even more, it also can help to fight off yeast, fungus and Candida infections.
- Effectively controls blood sugar: Coconut oil can also positively affect our hormones for thyroid and blood-sugar control. People who take coconut oil also tend to have improvements in how they handle blood sugar since coconut can help improve insulin use within the body. Coconut oil can boost thyroid function, helping to increase metabolism, energy and endurance. It increases digestion and helps to absorb fat-soluble vitamins.
- Helps control cholesterol: Coconut oil has a saturated fat called lauric acid. It has been shown that lauric acid increases the good HDL cholesterol in the blood to help improve cholesterol ratio levels. Coconut oil lowers cholesterol by promoting its conversion to pregnenolone, a molecule that is a precursor to many of the hormones our bodies need. Coconut can help restore normal thyroid function. When the thyroid does not function optimally, it can contribute to higher levels of bad cholesterol.
- Provides best benefits of antioxidants: The oils found in the coconut have a positive antioxidant action in the body. This means they help our body stop the damage to other healthy fats and tissues in our body. Oxidation is considered a major contributor to cardiovascular problems and skin aging. Coconut oil can actually help our bodies to reduce the need for antioxidant intake.
- Effectively maintains bone and dental health: Coconut oil improves calcium and magnesium absorption in the body, which in turn is greatly beneficial to dental and bone health. The improved calcium absorption created by the coconut oil use ceases tooth decay and aids in the development of strong teeth. The combined increased calcium and magnesium absorption is of great benefit to middle-aged women who may become afflicted with osteoporosis.
Coconut oil is one of the most diverse and healthy oils out there. Not only can it be used for cooking, but it can also be applied topically to improve the skin and hair. So many good things can come out of coconut oil, it is no wonder that its use was so widespread in olden days. Now we seem to have forgotten the richness of coconut oil and therefore we need to go back and examine the various health and beauty benefits coconut oil provides. You can find coconut oil in the market very easily but to discover more benefits of coconut oil, you can click here.