Even in this day and age when pharmaceutical drugs are available for almost every health disorder and illness, a majority of population still depends on the natural remedies for curing illness and getting relief from health disorders. When it comes to natural and herbal remedies, neem oil sure gets the top rank. Neem oil is known as the universal healer for the simple reason that it can be used to treat and cure a multitude of health disorders in an effective manner without any adverse health effects. Neem oil is the safest medicinal herb that can be used effectively against a number of diseases.
The various compounds found in neem oil give it the following properties that make it the universal healer.
The various healing and health benefits of Neem Oil
- Neem Oil for skin care: Neem oil has been used since centuries for skin care and treating skin disorders like eczema, acne, pimples, psoriasis, rashes, burns and abrasions. Neem oil contains glycerides and fatty acids and together with its healing properties, it acts as a great moisturizer for the skin. With its anti-inflammatory properties, neem oil can be used effectively to treat irritation and skin allergies. Neem oil is one of the best and the most effective remedies available for curing acne and pimples. The anti-bacterial properties of neem oil kill the bacteria almost instantly and thus help in the prevention of acne and pimples. Neem oil also contains carotenoids and vitamins that help to fight against wrinkles and premature aging of the skin. Neem oil is also effective in reducing pigmentation. The use of neem oil inhibits the production of melanin which is a cause of pigmentation.
- Neem oil for healthy hair: Neem oil can be used to get healthier hair and scalp. The use of neem oil is one of the best remedies for dandruff. Neem oil can also prevent several other scalp problems like psoriasis and itchy scalp. The use of neem oil also renders stronger hair roots and thus prevents hair fall. Neem oil can also help to get rid of lice and nits. The use of neem oil also helps to keep the hair and the scalp hydrated thus rendering hair that is healthier and shinier.
- Neem oil for viral diseases: Neem oil has anti-viral properties and so helps to fight and prevent against various viral diseases and infections. Neem oil is one of the best remedies for common cold and soothing a sore throat. Neem oil can also be used to treat Hepatitis B as it inhibits the virus that causes this disease. Neem oil has been found effective against herpes. Neem oil can be used effectively against toxic viruses that cause herpes and heal cold cores caused because of herpes. Neem oil with its various compounds also has the capability to kill the AIDS virus and so can be used to treat this viral disease.
- Neem oil for physiological disorders: Neem oil has several properties that make it effectively usable against several diseases. Neem oil is effective against diabetes as it reduces insulin production. Neem oil can also be used for preventing cancer as it contains polysaccharides and limonoids that have the capability to fight against tumors and cancerous cells. Neem oil is also effective in fighting against heart diseases. The use of neem oil regulates the blood pressure, reduces elevated heart rates and delays coagulation of blood which prevents against risks of heart attack and strokes.
- Neem oil for dental care: The use of neem oil for dental health dates back to centuries and even today neem oil is effectively used to prevent tooth decay. The use of neem oil in toothpastes ensures healthy gums and teeth and prevents problems like plaque, bad breath and cavities.
- Neem oil for digestive health: Neem oil is also effective in promoting the health of the digestive tract. The anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory properties of neem oil help to keep the gastro-intestinal tract free of infections and bacteria. Neem oil can also be used to prevent problems like diarrhoea and constipation. Neem oil also acts as a diuretic and filters and removes toxins from the body. Neem oil also helps in treating and preventing ulcers in the stomach.