Lemon, packed with Vitamin C, pectin fibers, bioflavonoids, citric acid, calcium and potassium has been used since ages for its therapeutic properties. Lemon tea serves as the perfect “good morning drink” with so many health benefits that it has to offer. Lemon tea is beneficial for the immune system and every organ of the body in one way or the other. Lemon tea has strong anti-bacterial, anti-fungal, anti-viral and anti-inflammatory properties, making it a super food that boosts the immunity to maintain the overall health.
How Lemon tea Benefits the Health?
Lemon tea contains many nutrients and compounds that work together to give it various health benefiting properties.
- Lemon tea keeps the body hydrated: The human body is 70- 75% water and it is essential to maintain a balance of these fluids because when the body is hydrated, it has more energy to work. Lemon tea replaces the fluids that are continually lost by the body during the day. Dehydration makes one feel exhausted and stressed and lemon juice rehydrates the body and helps to prevent various health disorders. Having lemon tea first thing in the morning is also very beneficial as it hydrates the body which is in a state of fast and somewhat dehydrated after a night’s sleep.
- Lemon tea aids in digestion: Lemons contain acids that are similar in composition to the body’s natural acids that are essential for digestion. Lemon tea produces acids and enzymes that help the digestive system and the liver to work more effectively. Lemon tea helps the liver and the kidneys to do their cleansing job in a better manner and thus helps in the removal of toxins from the body. Lemon tea is also a natural remedy for indigestion, bloating, heartburn and acid reflux. In addition, the various vitamins and minerals of lemon tea also help in the removal of toxins from the body. Lemon tea also acts as a natural diuretic which removes toxins from the body and helps in detoxification which further helps in getting rid of bloating.
- Lemon tea helps to get a clearer skin: Since lemon tea is a natural diuretic and helps to detoxify and cleanse the body, this eventually helps one to get a clearer skin. In addition, lemon tea is a rich source of Vitamin C or ascorbic acid which is food for the skin. Vitamin C helps to build collagen which is a protein which helps in building new cells and blood vessels that gives the skin a firmer and youthful look. The Vitamin C in lemon tea also helps the skin to repair itself and create new skin tissues. Vitamin C also rejuvenates the skin from within and gives it a glow.
- Lemon tea boosts the immunity level: Lemon tea has a high content of antioxidants that help the body to fight against various infections and diseases. Lemon tea also contains potassium that stimulates the brain, nervous system and helps to keep blood pressure in check. This further aids in preventing various diseases related to the nervous as well as circulatory systems. Lemon tea also has anti-inflammatory properties and prevents inflammation which is a precursor to several health disorders. Lemon tea with its anti-inflammatory properties also helps to do away with respiratory problems. Lemon tea is in fact one of the most effective immunity system boosters.
- Lemon tea promotes healing and prevents stress: Consumption of lemon tea helps to heal wounds more quickly. Vitamin C in lemon tea is attributed to having healing properties and also to get stronger bones, tissues and cartilages. Vitamin C in lemon tea is also a great stress buster. Lemon tea boosts the mood and helps to relieve stress and anxiety.
- Lemon tea helps in weight loss: Lemon tea is alkaline in nature and helps to balance the pH levels in the body. People who have more alkaline blood are able to lose weight more easily and quickly as compared to those who have more acid content in their blood. Lemon tea helps to alkalize the body and helps in weight loss and control. In addition, the several nutrients and antioxidants help the body to metabolize fats more quickly and remove toxins from the body thereby helping in weight loss.