Lemon has been used for generations for its therapeutic properties. Lemon has many health benefits because of the anti-oxidants that are contained in the flavonoids. Lemon is said to cure several ailments and health problems. Lemon is known to be a blood purifier and cleanses the stomach. The use of lemon as a treatment for throat infections, fever, indigestion, burns, obesity has been done since a long time and even today, lemon is used to strengthen the immune system.
Lemon Juice and its nourishing elements
Lemon juice obtained from citrus lemons is not only used to add flavor to a wide range of dishes and cuisines but also has many health benefits. The many health benefits of lemon juice can be associated to the many nourishing elements that it contains. These include:
- Vitamin C
- Vitamin A
- Vitamin B6
- Vitamin E
- Pantothenic Acid
- Niacin Thiamin
The many uses and benefits of lemon juice
Lemon juice has many uses and benefits and so it offers a solution to a wide range of problems. Lemon juice is used as a washing agent because it has the ability to remove stains. Lemon juice is used as a mosquito repellent as well. Lemon juice is known for its medicinal properties and has several heath benefits. It is believed that drinking lemon juice with olive oil can help to get rid of gall stones.
The following are the health benefits of lemon juice:
- Lemon juice can be used to treat a person who has fever, cold or flu. Lemon juice increases perspiration that breaks down the fever.
- Indigestion and constipation can also be cured by lemon juice. Lemon juice is a blood purifier and it cleanses the stomach thus aiding in curing many problems related to indigestion.
- Lemon juice is very good for dental health. The use of fresh lemon juice can help in relieving toothache. It is said that massaging lemon juice can help get rid of the problem of gum bleeding. Lemon juice is also known to get rid of bad odor and fight several gum diseases.
- Lemon juice can help relieving burns. Lemon juice when applied on burns acts as a cooling agent and reduces the burning sensation. It can also fade away burn scars.
- Lemon juice is a great hair care agent. It is used in the treatment of problems like dandruff and hair loss. The application of lemon juice can give the hair natural shine.
- Lemon juice helps in weight loss. It is believed that if a person takes lemon juice with lukewarm water and honey, the person can reduce weight significantly.
- Lemon juice is also used for skin care. Using lemon juice on the skin can remove wrinkles, acne, eczema and blackheads. Lemon juice also acts as an anti-aging agent and provides a healthy glow to the skin.
- Lemon juice also helps to relieve respiratory disorders. Lemon juice is a rich source of Vitamin C which helps to keep respiratory problems at bay.
- Lemon juice is a diuretic. It helps to treat rheumatism as well as arthritis. The use of lemon juice also removes toxins and bacteria from the body.
- Lemon juice is a blood purifier and so it can be used to treat diseases like cholera and malaria.
- Lemon juice is an aromatic and an antiseptic agent and so can be used for muscle and foot relaxation. It is also used in
- Lemon juice also has anti-cancer It contains citrus liminoids that protect the cells from damage that can convert to cancerous cells.
- Drinking lemon juice is beneficial for the kidney as well as it raises the citrate level in the urine. This further prevents the formation of kidney stones.
Lemon juice is packed with a lot of goodness and is sure beneficial for every part of the body. It is therefore essential to include lemon juice in everyday diet regime so that a person can stay fit and healthy the natural way. The cleansing and healing effects of lemon juice are good for the health in the long run.