Raisins are rich in calcium which aids in the formation of healthy bones and teeth. They are also a good source of vitamin A which improves vision. Eating raisins also help in healthy weight gain. Consuming raisins every day increases weight in toddlers substantially.
They are packed with nutrients and even small servings have a good amount of calories. Therefore, raisins are excellent for kids in every way. Raisins are also effective in clearing constipation and colic pain which are common among toddlers.
This delicious, creamy pudding is packed with the goodness of golden raisins and can be enjoyed by kids and adults as well. It is a one-pot recipe that is very easy to prepare.
Serving size: 5- 6 servings
- 3 cups whole fat milk
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- ⅓ cup palm sugar
- ½ cup organic jasmine rice
- ¼ tablespoon salt
- 1 vanilla extract
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 4 cardamom pods
- 1 strip orange peel
- ½ cup golden raisins
- Fresh cream for serving
- Take a heavy-bottom pot and add the milk, heavy cream, palm sugar, rice and salt.
- Add the vanilla extract to this milk mixture and cook on low heat.
- Add the cinnamon stick, cardamom pods and orange peel.
- Bring the mixture to a boil and reduce to low heat and cook.
- Keep stirring to avoid burning of sugar and rice in the bottom.
- Cook until the rice turns tender.
- Do not let the mixture come to a boil and don’t let it get very thick as it will thicken once it cools down.
- Add the raisins and let the pudding rest for 5 minutes to soften them.
Serving suggestions:Serve the pudding warm at room temperature or place it in the refrigerator if you prefer it cold. Add a few dollops of fresh cream just before serving.