Almonds are packed with the skin-friendly vitamin E, iron, calcium, phosphorus, magnesium, zinc, selenium, copper and niacin. Among all the nuts, almonds have the highest nutritional and beneficial components. Almonds are good for your brain, bone and heart health. They also improve the complexion of the skin. This is why almonds are used to make face masks and body scrubs. Almond milk is also added to soaps and moisturizers for its incredible ability to make the skin soft and supple. Try this super easy almond butter which is much cheaper than store-bought nut butter. In less than 10 minutes, you will have fresh homemade almond butter with only two ingredients.
Serving size: 1 medium sized bottle.
- Organic Almonds – 500 gms
- Organic Raw Honey – 4 tablespoons
- Place the almonds in a food processor
- Turn on the food processor and leave it for a couple of minutes.
- The almonds go through different stages now.
- Leave the food processor on at this stage until the almonds release their natural oils.
- By this time, the almonds start to ball up just before the butter is ready.
- Wait until the almonds turn into a smooth and creamy buttery consistency.
- Now turn off the food processor and scrape all the butter into a mason jar or any airtight glass container.
- Add in the honey and stir well to combine.
- Adjust sweetness according to your taste.
- Cover the mason jar with an airtight lid and put it in the refrigerator.
Serve it as a fruits and vegetable dip. You can replace your regular butter and also have this homemade almond butter with your bread toast and crackers. You can add a dash of salt before serving to have a sweet and salty combination.
This can be used as an all-natural face mask too. Add a few drops of sweet almond oil to this nut butter and apply on your face. Wash it off after 15 minutes. This makes your skin soft and glowing. This almond butter is a two-in-one recipe that is great to eat and apply on your skin for a perfect skin care routine.