Image source: Thesun
Why is beauty sleep important?
- Flawless skin: Researches show that people who get a good 6-8 hours of undisturbed sleep have much better skin than those who don’t. Lack of sleep leads to a lot of unnecessary stress that takes its toll on your skin, leading to breakouts and blackheads. Sleeping well also ensures that there is uniform blood circulation to your face, thus making your skin more even toned. Puffy eyes and under eye dark circles make you look tired and unattractive.
- Contributes to a charming and healthy personality:
A well-rested person automatically becomes more lively and cheerful. Lack of sleep affects the sensory organs. It impairs attention and problem solving. It also makes it difficult to experience new things everyday. Having your beauty sleep also reduces the risk of many diseases such as heart failure and high blood pressure.
How to achieve your beauty sleep?
- Essential oils: Most people have trouble falling asleep because of stress related problems. Essential oils help you calm down and soothes your nerves. Some essential oils that are a must have to get your beauty sleep are:
- Lavender oil: This essential oil is a multi-purpose oil. One of its main benefits is its soothing effect that immediately puts you to sleep. It has a very pleasant odor that is not too harsh or strong. It cures headaches and releases tension and stress.
- Ylang-ylang oil: This oil has a wide range of uses. It is used as medicinal oil and helps people drift into an undisturbed and restorative sleep.
- Chamomile oil: This sweet smelling oil is recommended by doctors across the globe for patients who are diagnosed with insomnia. It helps prepare you for a night of peaceful sleep and treats stress.
- Bath salts:
Nothing prepares you for a long night of blissful sleep like a hot bath right before you unwind. Bath salts are the perfect touch to your bath, ensuring you get your beauty sleep. Bath salts contain Epsom salt. The stress of daily life strips magnesium from the body, which is responsible for providing a calming effect in the body. Epsom salt helps replace this. A bath using Epsom salt helps the body to absorb the magnesium and as a result ensures improved sleep. It is also used to relax your muscles and help boost immunity in the body. Some commonly used bath salts include:
- Rose bath salt: this bath salt is a perfect choice as it has multiple benefits. It relaxes sore muscles and aching joints and has a warm, homely aroma. The bath salt is said to improve blood circulation in the body, thus calming every nerve and sinew and helps you sleep like a new born baby.
- Jasmine bath salt: The scent of jasmine is said to uplift your mood and boost self-confidence. It calms your nerves and reduces anxiousness and thus helps you sleep peacefully. It also acts as an aphrodisiac.
- Herbal teas:
Sipping a hot cup of tea before bedtime is sometimes all you need for your beauty sleep. Since time immemorial, the herbal benefits of tea have been talked about. Here are some herbal teas that should definitely be tried out:
- Valerian tea: this herb is said to have sedative properties. For those who have trouble sleeping due to anxiousness, teas made from this herb is a perfect choice.
- Peppermint tea: though peppermint is usually a cure to stomach aches and the digestive system related problems, peppermint tea is an amazing solution to sleeplessness. It helps calm your internal organs and soothes your mind and thus helps you get your much-coveted beauty sleep.
- Chamomile tea: Chamomile teas are said to remove any tension from the body and prepare your mind for a relaxed sleep. They have a sweet scent and taste and have many medicinal benefits.