Image source- tutorial.top10inaction
According to Mayo Clinic, the basic function of moisturizers is to aid to treat your skin when it's dry and prevent it from drying out again. Moisturizers do this by holding water in the stratum corneum, the outermost layer of the skin
No matter whether you have dry, oily or sensitive skin, you can’t skip or forget the moisturizing step in your skin care routine. Leaving skin without moisturiser might frequently cause dryness, flaking, and in time it can allow wrinkles, creases and other signs of aging to occur earlier than they otherwise might. And if you have sensitive skin then moisturizing daily can help to ease some of the irritation.
What does a moisturizer do for our skin?
- Repairs skin- We are surrounded by polluted environment, cold weather, poor diets, dry furnaces and stressful lifestyles which takes moisture out from our skin. These impurities tend to dehydrate our skin, for this reason we need to pamper our skin and provide extra care. The only way to hydrate and nourish our skin is to keep it moisturized. Moisturizers guards our epidermis from these harmful particles which drain moisture away from our skin.
- Protect- Moisturizer's works as a shield for your skin, it forms a protective layer on our skin which helps to protect us from sun damage. Moisturizers have SPF/sunscreen guard our skin from harsh detrimental UV rays. Our skin needs moisturizer all year long not only during summer seasons.
- Circulate- Applying moisturizer with gentle circular moves improves the blood circulation of the body aiding to boost collagen level. The reduction of collagen increases the amount of fine lines & wrinkles.
- Primer- A good moisturizer gives a proper base to our skin and form a protective layer. Using moisturizer before applying makeup play an important role and serve as a primer for skin. It provides your makeup a favorable base to get stuck on skin.
- Normal skin- Normal skin has no or less imperfections, it is neither so dry and nor so oily. It is known as a perfect balanced skin. Pores on normal skin are barely visible. It is glowing and radiant in complexion.
- Combination skin- This type of skin may be dry or normal in some parts of our face and oily in others, such as nose, forehead, and chin called T-zone.
- Oily skin- Oily skin has large pores that produce sheer amount of oil and it quickly comes after every cleansing. Various types of Oil-Free Moisture are available in market that helps to control the production of oil. These moisturizers are basically lightweight and water-based.
- Dry skin- Dry skin is usually itchy, flaky or generally tight. It is prone to wrinkles and fine lines reason being it lacks in natural moisture.dry skin usually becomes rough and scaly.
There are end numbers of moisturizers available in market but picking up the one which actually suits on your skin should be given the priority. Daily moisturizing is very important; it is like a food for our skin.
Opt for an organic moisturizer which nourishes your skin and make it appear more glowing and radiant.