Image source- guidelineshealth
As per Diane Madfes, M.D., assistant clinical professor of dermatology, "This skin discoloration, called hyperpigmentation, is a result of sun exposure, hormones, and genetics; it affects most women by the time they turn 40."
We are surrounded by so many impurities and polluted environment. Our skin and health suffers a lot, and becomes the petty victim of these unwanted impurities. Now-a-days it has become more difficult to maintain healthy & spotless skin. Dark sports and blemishes on face are very embarrassing and somewhere lower our self-confidence. In order to treat these spots, turning towards harsh chemical based & expensive products can drag you even in worse situation. Opting for natural remedies is safe and smart choice to get rid of spots.
Some home remedies are-
- Aloe Vera
- Onion juice
Lemon- Though lemon is a tiny fruit yet it has a lot to give us. Few drops of this little fruit can perform magic on your skin. It is enriched with vitamin C, which helps to lighten the dark spots from your face efficiently. What you need to do is,
- Take few drops of lemon juice and apply it on affected areas with the help of cotton balls.
- Gently rub it on dark spots and let it rest there for some time.
- Wash it with cold water. Practice these remedies at least for two weeks or till you get desired result.
People with sensitive skin need to dilute lemon juice either with rose water or honey before using it & apply in the same manner as mentioned above.
Almond- Almond is called the king of nuts. It is loaded with end number of beneficial properties such as vitamins, mineral, manganese, fat, protein and fiber. Which in not only good for our health but also for skin as well. What we need to do is
- Take 8 to 10 almonds and soak them in milk overnight
- Grind them in morning after peeling its skin
- Add 1 teaspoon of sandalwood powder & ½ teaspoon honey
- Get this mixture into a paste consistency
- Apply it on your face, leave it for 30 minutes & then wash if off.
Potato- Apart from being used as food source potatoes help to reduce dark spots and play an important role in skin care as well. It is full of vitamin C which is crucial for maintain skin health. Thus it is the best and easiest way to get rid of dark spots.
- Peel and slice a potato into large pieces.
- Place these slices on affected areas and let it rest there for few minutes
- Wash it off with warm water.
You can also prepare a mask by mixing grated potatoes and honey. Apply this mask on your face and leave it for 20-25 minutes then wash it off with lukewarm water.
Sandalwood- Sandalwood is another natural and very beneficial option to reduce dark spots. It has got wide range of medicine properties which make it best and reliable remedy for skin problem and dark spots too.
- Take 1 tablespoon of sandalwood powder and make a paste by mixing 1 tablespoon glycerin & 3 to 4 tablespoon rose water. ( milk or natural honey can be used as an alternative in the absence of rose water)
- Apply this rich paste on affected parts and leave it for few minutes.
- Wash it off with lukewarm water
- Practice this remedy once daily until you get desired result.