Image Source: Mi Bellareina
Dry skin needs prompt attention as it looks chapped and refuses to shine or radiate. Skin gets prone to dryness due to several factors such as pollution, unhealthy diet, pollution, harsh sunlight, aging and lack of care. Here are some effective tips to nourish dry skin and restore its health –
- Cleanse Mildly
Rough cleansing of skin can diminish its essential oiling and make it drier. Prefer organic cleansing lotions over chemical-based ones. Also, avoid using hot water for bathing or washing face lest it would become flaky. Cold milk (fully creamed) is a wonderful skin cleansing agent that cleanses deep layers without stripping off its natural moisture.
- Regular Moisturizing
Moisturizing is an important part of dry skin’s nourishment. Do not use heavily scented chemical-based moisturizers that will worsen the dry skin. Use olive oil, almond oil or coconut oil for gentle massaging. It is rich in vital ingredients that would keep skin supple and healthy. Use fresh milk cream straight out of your kitchen. Mix it with a pinch of turmeric powder for better results.
- Drink Lots of Water
Skin’s dryness has its reason deep down too. The body needs to be well hydrated in order to keep skin moist and smooth. Drink not less than 10 to 12 glasses of water daily. This will help in maintaining skin’s elasticity and shine.
- Eat Nuts and Raw Fruits/Veggies
Nuts as almonds and walnuts are loaded with mega-3 fatty acids that are very beneficial for dry skin. Eat a balanced diet that contains all vital nutrients including nuts, fruits, and veggies. Also, eat seasonal raw vegetables for their high water content for better hydration. Instead of synthetic juices, go for natural juices and fresh vegetable soups.
Face Masks for Dry Skin
- Mix 1 teaspoon of lukewarm water to 2 tablespoons of honey and apply evenly all over face and neck. Apply properly under the eyes because the damage of dryness is seen most here. Wash with fresh water after it dries.
- Take 1 ripe avocado and mash it well with aloe vera gel. This is an excellent face mask that will heal dry skin and also diminish fine lines.
- Add few drops of lemon juice to some milk Add few drops of milk to adjust the consistency. Apply this face mask over your face, arms, and legs for 15 to 20 minutes. Wash it off with plain water.
- Apply mixture of olive oil and honey in equal proportion all over the body. Wash off with plain water after drying. You will have soft and supple skin.
- Another potent pack for dry skin is of brown sugar and olive oil. Gently rub this pack over skin and wash off after 15 to 20 minutes.
Click here to know about herbal and organic products that would give a fresh lease of life to your dry skin.