Image Source: Zastavki
Dark circles are the bane of every woman (unless you are extremely lucky). All of us have to go through the horror of looking sick and tired sometimes. So what causes these dark circles to develop? And how are we supposed to get rid of them? Let’s find out.
The cause may be
- Hereditary: These are determined by genes. Some people have more pigment under their eyes, some might have slower vascular movement, others have allergies that cause dark circles – the allergies are genetically determined. These can only be hidden by makeup.
- Acquired: Among the most common causes of dark circles are stress, late nights, inadequate sleep, sun exposure, drinking binges – basically everything that women in their mid-20s go through.
Some of the methods to get rid of these dark circles are:
- Cool it: Use of a cold compress decongests the under eye areas and removes the dark circles caused due to excess blood. You can use anything that is cool. Frozen peas, cucumber slices, ice packs, whatever suits you.
- Elevate your head: Try to always use pillows while sleeping. This will prevent excess fluid retention in your face, and will keep the blood flowing.
- Sunglasses: Protection of your eyes from the sun is extremely important as the sun can cause a lot of damage.
- Laser it out: Laser treatment is a great option if you are okay with paying that much.
- Allergies: Discuss the possible anti-allergic drugs with your doctor that you can use to prevent allergies.
- Cosmetics: In order to look young and remove dark circles, it is important for you to know about the different products you can use. Some of these are:
- Concealer: A concealer is great for under eye blemishes. The perfect one for you will have a colour matching your skin type and a matte finish. This will prevent your face from looking greasy or too creamy.
- Sunscreen and Moisturiser: The sun is extremely harmful for the fragile skin under the eyes. Try to always wear sunscreen while going out. It will reduce the risk of ageing, puffiness, dryness, and blemishes.
- Creams and gels: Make a habit of using night and day creams with special ingredients like fruit extracts and jojoba oil to protect your skin against early ageing, fine lines and puffiness under the eyes.
- Cleanser: After a long day out in the sun with all the pollutants and irritants, it is very important that you cleanse the face thoroughly with a mild cleanser that will remove all the toxic substances from your skin without depleting the natural moisture of your face.
To know more about amazing tips and tricks to hide your dark circles, click here.