Image source- raeoflightspa
What is Aromatherapy?
The National Association of Holistic Aromatherapy defines aromatherapy as the art and science of utilizing naturally extracted aromatic essences from plants to balance, Aromatherapy is a commonly known relaxation technique, but it also can be used to ease many health related issues. Aromatherapy is a fascinating alternative medicine that involves the use of volatile plant materials, also known as essential oils that can be aromatically inhaled by patients of a wide variety of health conditions. Usually the duration of an aromatherapy massage is approximately one hour, this is the time required for the essential oils to enter the body through the skin.
- Fights depression- Citrus and vibrant aromas have uplifting tendencies that tend to reduce the effects of depression. The top essential oils, both for professional and personal use, include all essential oils. Aromatherapy-massage has been shown to have value for postpartum mothers in improving physical and mental status and to facilitate mother-infant interaction.
- Manages pain- One of the best benefits of aromatherapy is that it can relieve pain. Clary sage is a great natural scent used for the reduction of pain. Aromatherapy can be a wonderful solution that can eliminate your headache pain and helps to reduce the stress, depression and medical origin of your headaches. Inhalation of lavender essential oil appears to be an effective and safe treatment modality in acute management of migraine headaches.
- Improves blood pressure- Aromatherapy has been shown to lower blood pressure in patients with hypertension. Many essential oils are known to increase circulation, raise energy levels, and generally stimulate the body and mind, without the dangerous side effects of other stimulating substances. So we should do an aromatherapy massage once in a week, it helps to control blood pressure. Beyond sleep-promoting properties, lavender has also been found to simultaneously reduce high or low blood pressure in women college students.
- Boosting Memory: One of the most frightening and widespread diseases affecting older people is memory loss and the inability to form short term memories. In a day and age like ours, bouts of stress and anxiety are expected to occur at least occasionally during the course of daily life. Many essential oils have a remarkable ability to support the boost energy and increase one’s rate of healing.
- Boost Energy Levels: We can all use more energy to get through the hectic daily tasks of modern life. When you find it difficult to concentrate after hours spent in work or studying then you should get an aromatherapy. For best boost energy levels then you should get an aromatherapy massage in once in a week.
- Boosting Immune System: It is far better to prevent than treat, as most medical professionals say, and aromatherapy can give you best immune system if used regularly. When you have a strong immune system, you are less likely to get ill or if you do get caught off guard your body will be able to easily defend itself, if you have low immunity then you are not able to fight with disease. And aromatherapy is a great for boost immune system.
- Reduces stress- Aromatherapy sounds relaxing. There’s science backing it up. Aromatherapy using lavender scents has been shown to reduce stress. The aromatic compounds from many different essential oils are known as relaxants and can help to soothe your mind and eliminate anxiety. One of the main methods of aromatherapy to relieve physical nuisances and emotional stress is massage. There is an accumulating body of pre-clinical and clinical research available today demonstrating the power, safety and effectiveness of natural compounds for relieving stress and anxiety.