Image Source: Vineverareviews
Your skin is exposed to different environments both during day and at night and so the same cream cannot work wonders for your skin both the times. The day creams are aimed at protecting your skin from sunlight, dirt and pollution while night creams have to moisturize, rejuvenate, regenerate and help the skin to recover. This is the reason day creams are non-greasy and light while night creams are thick and rich.
Night creams play an important role in maintaining the health, glow and radiance of your skin. They work when you are sleeping and help to replenish, nourish and clear the skin, which works better at night with more absorption power when you are sleeping.
- The Benefits of Using Night Creams
If you are not using a night cream before going to bed , you are depriving your skin of its many benefits.
- Night creams keep your face hydrated by supplying moisture to your face.
- It boosts collagen in your skin.
- It helps in circulation.
- Daily use of night creams reduces wrinkles and other lines from your face.
- It prevents the sagging of your skin.
- It nourishes the skin making it soft and supple and helping to restore its elasticity.
- How to Use Night Cream
- Apply the cream 30 minutes before going to bed.
- Use a gentle cleanser specific to your skin type and clean your face. Pat it dry.
- Apply night cream using circular motions with your fingers in gentle upward strokes.
- Remember to apply the cream on your neck as well.
- Make Your Own Night Cream
- Olive Oil Night Cream
Olive oil, the main ingredient of this night cream , helps to lock the moisture in the skin. Coconut oil is good for healthy skin and maintains the beauty of your skin while Vitamin E repairs the skin and also protects it.
- Green Tea Detoxifying Night Cream
Mix 1 tablespoon Almond oil and beeswax in a double boiler. Bring it to boil and heat till it melts. Now remove the mixture from the heat and add 1 tablespoon each of Aloe Vera and rose water and 1 teaspoon each of green tea extract and an essential oil to it. Your cream is ready to be stored and used as and when desired.
This night cream is one of the best creams which effectively remove impurities due to pollution. While green tea is very effective in removing impurities, Aloe Vera imparts health to your skin making it look young and supple.
- Refreshing Milk Cream for the Night
Mix 1 tablespoon milk cream and 1 teaspoon each of rose water, Olive oil and glycerin in a blender. Transfer the home-made night cream into a container and store it to be used at night. Milk is a cleansing as well as a moisturizing and nourishing agent helping the skin to retain its beauty and stay young.Click here to find out more about night creams for your skin.