Image Source: Grandhotel
Winters take a toll on your health and well being. It is also the time when your skin degrades, becomes flaky and dry Skin specialists and dermatologists stress to no end about the benefits of moisturizing your skin, especially in winter. Some of these benefits include:
- Fights wrinkles: When the skin gets dehydrated from lack of moisture, it leads to inflammation. This inflammation speeds the breakdown of collagen present in the skin and thus in turn accelerates the ageing process. Also, for those who already have fine lines and wrinkles, lack of moisture can make them more prominent.
- Relieves itches: During winters, the skin can get really itchy and flaky. This in turn makes it dull. Also, when exposed to air, the lipids in the skin get degraded and thus the irritants penetrate easily causing redness.
- Acts as protection: When the skin gets dry, it may peel off if it is not moisturized well. This makes the feet look unattractive.
Luxurious foot oils: In order to moisturize your feet and keep it hydrated at all times, you can use different luxurious foot oils which will give you the feel of a spa at home. Here are some such oils:
- Olive oil: This multipurpose oil never gets old. Rich in vitamins and minerals, olive oil hydrates your feet like none other. Apart from this, due to its disinfectant properties, it prevents any skin infections. Rich in antioxidants, this oil helps fight ageing and makes your skin suppler. For those whose pores get easily clogged, olive oil is a perfect pick.
- Peppermint oil: This sweet smelling essential oil is everything that feet oils should be. For those who suffer from cracked heels, peppermint oil reduces it significantly and simultaneously promotes new cell growth. It also purifies the skin and keeps it fresh and clean all day long. Also, this oil is said to increase blood circulation in the body.
- Tea tree oil: This is another essential oil that works wonders on dry and flaky skin. When used as a moisturizer on the feet, it cleanses the feet and soothes any blisters or rashes on the skin. It is also said to relieve pain from sore muscles.
- Eucalyptus oil: This oil is well known to warm up the skin and treat colds. However, when used as feet oil, it nourishes the skin from within. Aches, pains and sore muscles can also be treated well with this oil.
Thus, by using a few affordable oils, you can provide your feet the moisture and nutrition that it requires and all this can be done at your own home!