Image Source: Style craze
You can use foot lotion immediately after washing your feet but because of the dust of your feet, it will not penetrate the skin well. So it is advisable to follow the steps before applying the foot lotion.
Take a big bucket and fill it with lukewarm water. You can also add lavender oil or Epsom salt in it. Alternatively you can use organic products too. Put your feet in it and soak it for 15-20 minutes. Then clean your feet with a dry towel.
By using a scrubber, scrub your feet gently for five minutes to clean the dead cells. Dry your feet.
Apply foot lotion on your feet to moisturize it. You can do it before going to bed and cover it with socks. In the morning, you will get beautiful soft feet.
To make your own natural foot lotion, you can try these recipes.
- Coconut and shea butter lotion: coconut oil works as a natural moisturize and shea butter is loaded with fat, Vitamin A, vitamin E and anti oxidants. Mix shea butter with coconut oil in 2:1 ratio and keep it in an airtight container. You can mix essential oils in it too.
- Peppermint foot lotion: Peppermint essential oil has anti inflammatory and antiseptic properties. Also it can treat sunburn and suntan effectively. Mix peppermint, tea tree and grape seed and olive oil and cocoa butter using a hand blender or electric mixer. Wait for some time to cool the mixture in room temperature. Now put it in an air tight container and use it as a foot lotion.
- Petroleum jelly foot lotion: Petroleum jelly helps to keep your feet moisturize and lemon works as an anti bacterial. To make this hassle free lotion, you have to mix 1 tablespoon petroleum jelly with 3-4 drops of lemon juice. Apply it every night to prevent cracked heels. Wear socks and leave it overnight.
- Olive oil lotion: Olive oil has anti oxidant, vitamin A and vitamin E. Vitamin A encourages new cells to grow and thus make you feet soft. Vitamin E protects the skin and has anti inflammatory properties. Tea tree oil helps to combat fungus and bacterial infection. Mix olive oil with shea butter, tea tree and peppermint oil to make the lotion. Shake the container before using it.
If you are pregnant, consult your doctor before using the essential oils.
You can use the organic foot lotion too. The foot lotion has coconut oil, apricot, avocado oil, Vitamin E, aloe vera, corn oil, geranium and ylang ylang essential oil that keeps your hand and feet smooth like silk.
Apart from using foot lotions, you should,
- Drink adequate water,
- Eat foods or supplements enriched with zinc, omega 3 fatty acids, vitamin C, gelatin, vitamin K and vitamin D to increase skin elasticity, prevents cracked heel.
For more info, you can click here.