Image source: Pixabay
At growing age, it is necessary to ensure a healthy weight gain for your children. Many kids today do not eat a proper diet due to which either they are obese or underweight. To be underweight is also concerning because it is a sign of poor nutrition in the body. To ensure that the right food is chosen for your kid, keep in mind that your child does the following:
- Eat frequently: Instead of eating two-three big meals, eat five-six small and healthy meals. Breakfast is the most important meal of the day. Include all necessary nutrients in breakfast .
- Eat nutrient rich food: Do not consume empty calories because they only provide with fat and sugars to the body instead eat overall healthy food like cereals, whole grain bread, dairy products, green leafy vegetables, nuts,
- Include shakes and smoothies: Opt for shakes and smoothies instead of soda and other aerated drinks. Cold drinks and other packed drinks are not a healthy option because they cause weakening of bones and other body problems so go for shakes and smoothies like banana shakes as it helps in weight gain.
- Eat more protein filled diet: Proteins are body building food and at growing age a good built is necessary, therefore, include as much as possible protein providing food. High protein foods are meat, eggs, fish, nuts, dairy products,
- Water: Consumption of water is necessary for the body but at the right time. A glass of water 30 min after a meal is healthy as it increases metabolism but say no to water during meals as it does not help in gaining calories.
- Add onto it: add extra calories to your meal, like if you are eating eggs add cheese to it, not only it adds calories but also makes it delicious. Other things which can be given a hit are adding cream to coffee and nuts to shakes.
- Snack it up: Choose the right snack for your tea and snack time, include whole grain crackers, nuts, yogurt, buttermilk, cheese,etc. along with fruits and salads.
- Exercise: though children do not need any extra exercises to perform apart from their daily schedule but if your child is addicted to staying within the four walls, ask him to move out play and exercise. Exercises help in body building.
- Eat before going to bed: Grab some munchies before going to bed. While sleeping regeneration and repair is performed by the body, this requires asupply of nutrients which are provided by your bedtime
- Adequate sleep: ensure that your child takes a proper sleep of 7-8 hours per day because children grow even when they are asleep.
Browse the Joy by nature store to see what they have for your kids.